Monday, June 8, 2009

Old Photos, New Edits

Mike

Ali

A new website that has become very popular amongst procrastinators is called Stumbleupon. Recently, I "stumbled upon" a website of different techniques used in photoshop. I took a few minutes today to read up on tutorials of how to create different affects on my photos. I didn't follow the tutorials closely; rather, I used them to learn about a few tools that I have not yet used on the photoshop cs3 program.

I like the effects that I produced, but in the future hope to shoot photos with the intent on using the effects to their fullest capacity and impact.
Jen
Sarah

Photographs: The first four photos were taken with my nikon d60. Mike's photo was edited with a cross process. Ali's portrait was edited with high contrast, vinetting, and color changing to make it appear older. Jen's photo was edited with a lot of blurring and gradient to make the light more vibrant. Sarah's photo was edited for soft focus and high contrast.

The last photograph was taken by Luke Potter, a very popular photographer in Athens, OH. I wanted to add a color, light, and pattern affect to this photograph. Make sure to check out his blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment