Saturday, February 28, 2009

SMO




SMO, or the Singing Men of Ohio, is a very popular group of young, talented men on the Ohio University campus. When the president asked me to take pictures of the group I was very gracious. I had the pleasure of photographing them this past fall.

SMO is the oldest glee club in the state of Ohio. Under the direction of Dr. Peter Jarjisian, SMO had a concert this evening with the alumni of the group. I enjoyed the concert thoroughly and I was very surprised when I walked into the auditorium and was handed a program. The photographs I had taken in the fall were featured on the front and throughout their program. I was so happy to be getting the exposure that I have wanted; however, I was disappointed when I found out that I was not given credit for the photographs in the program. My pictures can also be seen on their website.




Photographs: All photographs were taken on the College Green at OU with a nikon D40. The first photograph is of the entire choir. The last three are of Section 8, a smaller section made up of some of SMO's best vocalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment