Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Katie & Adam

It's come to that point in my life where people I know are starting to get engaged and married and it's a little unreal. I talked to my sister about this over break. I mentioned that I was so excited for my friends getting married (I now know three), but that I was shocked that I have reached that point in my life where I would have to be attending weddings where I actually knew the bride and groom. I will no longer just be someone's date, the photographer's assistant, or that "awkward young girl" that came with her parents. My sister had the same experience, though when her friends were getting married she was just starting medical school. Her advice for me, in essence, was to be prepared to keep my weekends open and save some money for bridesmaids dresses.
Engagements are very exciting and even more exciting when you're asked to take the photographs! ;) I was tickled when Katie, my sororoity sister and friend, asked me to take her engagement photos. This is the first time I have ever photographed a couple and I was very nervous, as they probably could tell. Katie and Adam were very patient subjects, and I'm grateful for that.

Photographs: These are a few pictures from the first set of engagement shots. I was a little dissapointed in the weather, so Kaite, Adam, and I made tentative plans to reshoot in the spring when it's much more enjoyable outside. I look forward to shooting with them again!






No comments:

Post a Comment