Thursday, May 14, 2009

EGT

Elemental Groove Theory is progressive/funk fusion band based out of Athens, Ohio. I have had the pleasure of meeting and playing with members Matt (bass), Dan (guitar), and Eric (set) in African Ensemble on campus. Through these guys I met their guitar player, Mavis, and reunited with fellow Lovelander, Mike (keys). I enjoy their music and I often have the opportunity to see the band perform. Every Monday they host Open Jam at 19 South.

I had offered up the idea to both Eric and Matt to make flyers for their upcoming shows. They brought to me a couple ideas and through and impromptu photoshoot with Mike, was able to get some decent shots as well as make a flyer. I hope to keep shooting this group of fun guys in the future.



"THIS SATURDAY! 19 South. Elemental Groove Theory, Ft. First Street Heat, & Special Appearance by Dysfunctional Family. Doors open at 9pm. $5 under, $3 over."

Photographs: The first photo was taken with my Nikon D60 outside of the student union on campus. The second is the flyer that I composed with one of the shots taken that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment