Saturday, May 30, 2009

Time Lapse

I was taking a late evening nap when I woke up to an amazing rain storm. When it started to lightening and thunder, I decided I would try something new with my camera.
I wanted to use the light from the storm to illuminate images.

Unfortunately, none of my roommates were around, so I was the subject of my own photographs. However, I had a lot of fun experimenting. My goal is to be able to shoot in a heat lightening storm when there is no rain so that I can capture the lightening strikes.


Photographs: I put my camera on a very low shutter speed and on a tripod, with about a 50 second exposure.

I took several shots like the following:

If you look closely in the next shot, you can see two faces: As the storm died down and the lightening wasn't as bright, I moved my camera to the hallway next to my bathroom. I used the light from underneath my bathroom door to illuminate these following two images. I realize these are extremely cliche, but I like the fact that I was able to capture two images at once in the first time and what a streak of light in the second:

No comments:

Post a Comment